Visit the National Board website at www.boardcertifiedteachers.
The Mount Vernon School District has a National Board Cohort to support you throughout your journey! Facilitator Nikki Klinger has many years of experience and is highly trained to maximize your success! Nikki manages monthly meetings, presents tips for success, encourages organization and adherence to the program, promotes and expedites collaboration, assists in editing and revising entries, and lends support in a multitude of additional ways. Participation in a cohort group is known to greatly increase the probability of achieving certification.
National Board Certification is often described as the most meaningful and authentic professional development a teacher has participated in. It has many benefits for both teachers and students. It is based on Five Core Propositions:
1. Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
2. Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
3. Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
4. Teachers think systematically about thier practice and learn from experience.
5. Teachers are members of learning communities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
What do Mount Vernon teachers have to say about National Board Certification?
“Becoming a Nationally Board Certified Teacher has made me a better educator and language arts teacher. It is a unique endeavor that is best experienced in the company of friends and colleagues. I highly recommend the process!” Gethyn Chilcoat, MVHS
Washington State Highlights:
Can't decide between National Boards and ProTeach? SEE THIS DOCUMENT .