District COVID-19 Website
MVSD follows the Washington State Department of Health COVID-19 health and safety guidance for schools. These requirements are in place for all public and private K-12 schools and childcare facilities in Washington state. Following these safety measures reduces the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses in our school community.
Health and safety requirements for school:
- Masks are not required at school. Students with symptoms of respiratory illness may be required to mask while they are waiting to be picked-up from school.
- Individuals who show symptoms of any respiratory illness, including COVID-19, are required to stay home, or go home, if they become ill at school, regardless of mask use.
- Individuals may return to school when they have been fever free without medication for 24 hours and symptoms are substantially improving.
- Individuals may return with minor lingering cough or congestion as long as the previous conditions have been met.
- Covid testing is not required for return to school.
- For specific circumstances, individuals are advised to consult the guidance in the WA DOH flowchart concerning symptoms, testing, and when to return to school.
- Individuals seeking COVID-19 testing may obtain free tests for home use via https://www.covid.gov/tests.
- Vaccinations remain the best protection for everyone against many serious diseases. Please contact your healthcare provider for more information on vaccinations available for children and adults.
For more information on when to keep your child home from school, please visit our Student Health Services website.