Welcome to a wonderful place to live and learn!
The Mount Vernon School District is located in the seat of Skagit County and is a growing and diverse school district. We have been servicing students since 1891 and have nine schools, a home school partnership program, and a technology academy that serves over 6,400 students.
Our six elementary schools provide educational programs for students through grade 5. Two middle schools serve students in grade 6-8. And the Mount Vernon High School is home to students in grade 9-12.
With over 900 teachers, administrators, and support staff, the district is the third largest employer in Skagit County, providing a major boost to the local economy.
Strong community support of our schools is a tradition in Mount Vernon and we are grateful for that support. Thanks to our citizens, combined with careful stewardship of their taxpayer dollars, we have developed a strong education program. Highlights include:
- Some of the smallest class sizes in Kindergarten and 1st grade of any district in Skagit County
- Elementary grade level band, orchestra, and choir
- Classroom technology that enhances teaching and learning
- Programs for highly capable students at all grade levels including advanced placement courses at the high school
- A broad range of exploratory and advanced high school career and tech ed classes
- Award winning band and choir programs at the middle and high school levels
- Partnership with the Northwest Career and Technical Academy for students desiring further career and technical training
- Specially designed instruction for learners with special needs
Our community members contribute to the success of our schools through their service on parent groups, volunteer programs, advisory committees, and school leadership teams. Strong communities require strong partnerships wbetween schools and parents, community members, businesses, and municipalities. In Mount Vernon, you can see those partnerships in action every day.
Carl Bruner, Ed.D, Superintendent
Carol Ledin, Superintendent's Assistant
Celina Rodriguez, Public Information Specialist
Viri Contreras, Bilingual Secretary